Thursday, April 22, 2010

Death to Galway

Desecration
Them martyrs
Legion
Sally longs
21/04/10

LEGION opened this gig to a few of shouts of "Play a song"... The last time I saw them was when they opened for Drainland in Richardsons not so long ago, there was a lot of arsing around before the set (mostly to do with the drums) and tonight was no different, but they've never failed to impress anytime I've seen them and tonight they were on form.
They play what is ultimatly Death metal but take it beyond the generic constant blast beat thing and add a groove that makes every song stand out, the only downside is these lads have no recordings outside of myspace material which is pretty old as I'm told.
These lads could easily be the best metal band in galway if they worked a little harder and didn't play so sporadically, I say best metal band in Galway, I think there's at least three...
THEM MARTYRS were added to this at the last minute and played a typically deadly set, the newer material keeps getting better and better, I can't wait to hear it once it's all laid down.
DESECRATION I wasn't too fond of, then again I'm not really the biggest Death metal fan so anything I say will wind up in me embaressing myself, so I'll just end this with the generic "they're good at what they do, but it's not my cup of tea" comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment