Saturday, April 24, 2010

Duncore

The accelerators
Beanz on toast
Neifenbach
Antitrust
Stick around
Forced Under

Dumore town hall
Tuam
All ages
23/04/10

Manged to get to Dunmore in the end with Class D.arren and a drunken Cian in tow, had a few problems with directions but made it in the end to catch the last half of the first band.
This was FORCED UNDER'S first gig, you could tell they had the jitters but they pulled through it all nicely, there was a Blink 182 cover I'm glad I missed because the rest of the set went off into a more Oi, street punk direction, they also threw in a Cut the Reins cover that got everyone dancing, not bad as far as first gigs go, plus the singer had a fucking voice on him.
the sound was a lot better for STICK AROUND this time which was good because it gave me a chance to get a proper listen to the arrangments of their tunes, singer Dave dedicated a song to "anyone here who has a girlfriend or a boyfriend" which made me feel bad for the single folk, or anyone who had just been dumped.
ANTITRUST were up next and suffered a little at the start due to lead problems but got moving soon after, sadly at this point a lot of the crowd had fecked off outside.
NEIFENBACH played to a full room, which pretty much dispersed towards the middle of the set, Dunmore musn't like their heft, they were tight as always and tore through their set pretty quickly I thought, maybe it was the booze.
BEANZ ON TOAST dragged everybody back inside two stepping and dancing to their rocking, happy out blend of Street punk and roll.
I hadn't seen these lads since their set at the last Nuns island gig which I thought was a little ropey, but it was nice to see then back on form.
I wasn't too sure if I was going to like THE ACCLERATORS that much, I had seen one video on you tube, their song "I'm not sorry" which I now love, it made me think a lot of another wasted night era Gang green, but I had trouble finding a myspace or any proper recordings, but once they got going the whole room pretty much exploded, which was good, because they soundchecked to about three or four people.
From what I remember of the set it was pretty much good old school punk rock, catchy, reocking, some nice choruses, the rest of the set for me was spent up in the air corwdsurfing, moshing, and pretty much acting like a kid again, good times.

I've always enjoyed every Dunmore, and this was no different. It's good to have at least one all ages venue in Galway that's easily approachable, and doesn't make you feel like a dirty old man for wanting to come along and watch some bands (I'm looking at you Gaff)
The back room also made the whole thing a little more intimate, I'm definatly looking forward to the next one.



Griff

No comments:

Post a Comment